Heat Stove Function.

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: Tampering with engine components that impact emissions is generally not legal and is not recommended.]

If I understand correctly, it's kinda like a primative EGR valve. But
it does function in tandem with the Air Inlet Valve.

The heat stove wraps around the exhaust manifold. Any ambiant
air between the stove and the manifold is warmed by the radiant
heat of the manifold from the hot exhaust gases inside. A hose
connects the Heat Stove to the Air Inlet Valve. When the outside
air temp drops below a certain degree, a bi-metal arm bends to
move a flap inside to alow the vaccum created by the engine
intake to suck hot air in from the Heat Stove.

So instead of returning hot exhaust gases into the engine like an
EGR valve, the setup on the DeLorean simply pumps in fresh air
heated by the exhaust gases.

As a side note, I removed this entire setup for my car, and have
gotten a slight increase on performance since due to the lack of
restrictions on the air intake. But now the exhaust on cold
mornings is quite potent for a little while longer then it used to
be.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxx> wrote: