Re: Supercharger retrofit

If you have the money, then you can pretty much get almost any
setup you want for your engine. The PRV in the DeLorean is
actaully a nice setup as in it's middle of the road when it comes
to internal specs. As has been stated before, the lower than
expected performance of the car isn't due to the motor, but the
DeLorean application itself. You have to remember that the car
was hurried for completion, and EPA ratings. This means power
was sacrificed for economy. If you want to improve performance,
start with things like the exhaust system. I'm not knocking the
blower idea, but nothing that simply bolts on is going to fix
everything in the performance sense. A blower is a possibility,
but using the same restrictive exhaust system is going to kill alot
of the potential of the supercharger. What good is taking a
deeper breath if you're still going to exhale thru the same small
straw?

Mostly likely, you are probably not going to find a spare
supercharger sitting at your local junkyard. So far I've been to
quite a few of the local yards here, and have never seen a
blower, or any simular set up lying around. In fact last summer
when I was buying suspension parts to repair a friends car, the
guy next to me while I was paying was asking about
superchargers for a Camaro. The guy behind the counter told
him that they never buy cars with afttermarket mods. If it's not
factory original, they don't buy it because of the limited market,
and possible damage of other parts from misuse and poor
installation. When the guy asked about other yards that may
have what he was looking for, they guy behind the counter
wished him luck as it's pretty much a common practice with all
salvage yards. So if you're looking for these kind of parts, I don't
think that you'll find them as cheap/easily as you might hope...

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, mrvideosawyer@xxxx wrote:
> Group,
>
> How come we as a group come up with a supercharger
retrofit? I called Paxton today and the admitted that the basic unit
was the same from car to car. What is the big deal here? If I
heard these guy right it is just a matter of belts pulleys and
brackets. There are so many superchargers sitting on cars in
junk yards that we as a group should put our heads together and
figure a way to put some punce in this engine. Toby is leaving
me in the dust just because of his suspension mods (sway bar,
lowered, air dam and of course TOBY BOLTS). I have called
many places that build these superchargers and they all seem
to think it cannot be done. I am a JUNKYARDS war kind of guy
lets figure out something..