Current Projects

Hello List - I thought that a quick update of current design projects
was in order. The new Trailing Arm Bolts (TOBY-TAB's) are in
production, and should be ready for shipping in the very near
future. I will provide details regarding ordering, etc. as soon as
possible following receipt of the bolts from California. I have
obtained a complete selection of sample suspension bushings (stock
rubber) and have shipped them to a company that manufactures urethane
bushings for a wide variety of applications. The engineering
department there is anxious to see if they can provide the DeLorean
community with these ultra-performance parts at a competitive price.
The samples included the trailing arm bushing that the TAB attaches
to. This should be interesting. I have talked to the engineering
people at an aerospace manufacturing company about the torsion bar
issue. We have come up with some possible strategies for development
of a replacement torsion bar using more state-of-the-art materials.
I am also talking on Monday with an engineering rep from another
aerospace company based on the East coast about a possible bolt-on
upgrade for the front lower control arm attachment, to provide a
triangulated structural arrangement for that joint. This will help
stabilize the front suspension geometry. That's all for now. I'll
be in touch as these projects begin to bear fruit.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1 - Still flying the colors!