Re: [DML] Torsion Bars

I have replaced two of these bars on different cars. One was a
passenger side that snapped about six to eight inches from the
bracket. The other was a drivers side that snapped about an inch from
the hole where it enters throught the fiberglass body. In both casses
I noted that the break had appeared to have started some time before
the the torsion bar gave out, due to a dirty part then a clean part
of the break.
Later,
Sean

> When a torsion eventually breaks with use, at what point along the
bar do
> they usually break? I know that scratches can create fractures,
but what
> I'm asking is if there are any particularly vulnerable spots? Why
I ask is