Re: No wipers when it's cold?

Just my 2 cents, I don't make a lot of comments on the mechanical
side of the car, But since it involes electrical I will do so. First
the motors get worn and a little sloppy and if you ever look in one
you will know what I mean. Grey gooy gunk. When this hardens in cold
weather the magnetic motor will have a hard time running due to the
rotor being off center.I have taken them apart and cleaned them out
and relubricated them with a light grease that won't freez up in the
cold, but at best it's temporary. If the motor and gears arn't to
expensive, then I would replace the unit. If worst comes to worst we
can replace the bearings. but you can't take away the wear on the
gears.
John Hervey
www.Special T auto.com
Home of where did all the cowboys Go.