Re: Oxygen sensor / Lamder probe

I don't think so and wouldn't do it for 2 reasons. When the whole
exhaust system is hot it is harder to work on it without getting
burned and as hot as it does get I don't think it is hot enough. With
a torch you can control the heat and only heat up a small area. It
does have it's inherent dangers so you really have to know what you
are doing. I have tried all different ways to loosen things but I
always seem to get my best results when I use heat when possible.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Christian Williams <delorean@xxxx> wrote:
> Would it work to just run the car for a little bit to heat up the
exhaust?

> -Christian
>
> On Sun, 25 Nov 2001 jtrealty@xxxx wrote:
>
> > The best way to remove it is to heat the fitting it screws into
with
> > an acetalyne torch. If you don't have one find a muffler shop to
do it