Re: Broken Muffler Bracket.

Heh. If you may recall Robert I had this exact same problem happen to
me last fall while driving over some railroad tracks. If the mount
was original, thats your problem. For some reason, the original
mounts are very weak, and have a tendency to break. The venders sell
replacement ones which are much stronger. So quit trying to figure
out why it broke. And this goes to ANYONE who isn't sure about this
matter. Check your engine comparment and inspect the upper muffler
bracket on the passenger side of the car (above the alternator) If
it has been replaced, it is probably black and made from solid formed
metal. The originals were thinner and had curved edges. If this is
the case in your car, look carefully at it and you'll probably see
some fatiuge cracks. Replace it. Better now than when it breaks.