Re: Trailing Arm Bolts - Engineering

All of what you wrote was interesting but it comes down to putting
more stress on the bolt then it will see in service by torquing it
above that level. If you go overboard you will collapse the metal
spacer in the radius arm bushing pn 106716. As is usually the case you
cannot improve an entire system by changing one part. It usually takes
a reengineering of the entire system or you just move the weak point
to somewhere else in the system. Before you continue you should
discuss this with a Delorean vender as they have all "been there-done
that" and now have a good way to fix this weak area. There is no
substitute for experience so before starting on a new project like
this you should get all of the history that you can.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757