Re: Winter Deloreans?

Adding my .02 ..

Weight distribution:
Yes the car is tail-heavy, but by how much? You could do what pickup
owners do and throw some sandbags in the trunk to add more weight to
the nose to even things out. But do you really want to vacuum sand
out of your trunk for the following 6 months? Not Me!

And about the salt on the roads:
I think it would be a pretty nasty site to see all that salt on the
car. Yes, the car is stainless, but does anyone really want to spend
the time in the cold weather cleaning the car? I don't think anybody
would really want to test the the limits of this aspect of the car.

I'm weary of even driving my rear-wheel drive Monte Carlo in the snow
or ice here in New England. Think of it this way. if you have a heavy
load in a sled or carriage, get behind it and try to push the load
over a stretch of ice and see how well you can keep it on course. Now
get in front of it and pull it using a rope or other means. A lot
easier, isn't it? This is why front wheel drive cars fair better in
bad conditions.

Do yourself (and your dad, and even the world!) a big favor. Advise
him to not contribute to making the vehicle even more rare and
valuable by adding to the numbers in the scrap yard. That's one less
vehicle that i may be able to purchase in the future.

Jeff Chabotte
Norwich, CT
Striving for the dream.