Re: [DML] Winter Deloreans?

In a message dated 10/25/2001 10:10:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Soma576@xxxx writes:

<<
> Im trying to convince my dad the the DMC Houston refurb Delorean is the
car
> for him, but he asked my how they drove on icy ground? Its a good point
as
> they are kind of lightweight compared to other cars. >>

Why in the world would you want to drive on ice? No car or sane person
would, should, could drive on ice...unless they need to get to the hospital
or they a caught in a storm.
I have driven an Automatic DeLorean #6058 & #3713 in snow and ice back &
fourth from skiing in the mountains. The DeLorean does fairly well, compared
to SUV's. I feel that it has more to do with the DRIVERS experience, rather
than the make and model of car...even Hummers can get stuck...or is it the
driver of the Hummer that get stuck.
My best friend drove a Hummer back in college. (that's how I found out
about the interior dome light match & subsequently emailed my finding to
JEepey back in Oct of 95).
Anyway, we thought that it would be fun to test the snow climbing
abilities at 2:30 in the morning, & climb a snow covered hill. Bad idea, as
we spent the next 6 hours waiting for a tow to pull us out.