Delorean prices...supply & demand

I have only been on the list a few months and consider myself a novice when
it comes to most things concerning the DeLorean. However, I have spoken or
emailed to many list members, sellers and other experts. I too am a little
surprised why DeLorean prices are not higher. Between 1985 and 1988 I wanted
my first Delorean but being just out of college and no clue how to even find
the car or how to care for it I went for the next best thing i could find, a
silver acura integra....cost $12,500.
I do remember calling an older gentlemen (I believe in ohio with kapac) who
wisely talked me out of buying one. At the time there was no internet and few
experts to turn to.

Here we are 13 years later and I have finally bought my first Delorean. The
price....$12,500. Same as my new 1988 Integra. Several owners have joked with
me that when they pull into their local gas station people mosey up to them
and think they are looking at a $100,000 car. The owner usually tells me they
respond, "don't tell anyone but I'll make you a deal for $40,000"

It makes no sense why this cars value is not higher: It can never me produced
again, impossible to duplicate, limited quantity and still looks ahead of its
time. The only reason I can imagine is that there are always so many for
sale. I think at this time there are over 100 currently on the market through
the various websites. Some of these cars stay on the market for months with
the seller lowering their price in frustration

Perhaps like a painting only the death of the artist will bring the car the
notorioty it deserves and increase it to the value we all expected. However,
most of you drive it for the love of the car which is the reason it was
built. It seems alot of the original owner cars are slowly turning up in old
warehouses and garages. When these cars disappear from the market and the
demand moves past the current supply we will finally see our car prices rise.
The only solution is the same as all those internet stocks we all are
holding...don't sell.

mike c