Re: [DML] Brake Lights

Willie, this is a common problem that the list recently helped me with. The problem is that the bulb sockets are not making a solid connection to the board. There are two fixes...buy redesigned taillight boards from a DeLorean vendor that won't have this problem, which cost around $80 or $90 each, I believe (but don't quote me on that price).

OR, you can do what I did, play it cheap: get some small nuts and screws from Radio Shack and put them into the holes next to each bulb socket and tighten them down to the board. This works *pretty* well, but it's not perfect. (Mine still don't connect from time to time; I suppose I have to go back in and tighten the screws a little more.) The other problem I've noticed with this fix is that you may end up not being able to fit the lamp board with the screws back into the tail light assembly very easily; the screws may get in the way. You'll see what I mean when/if you do this. In that case, just fit the board on as best you can and...well, just use tape to make the rest stay put. I know, ultra cheap sounding, but at least you save money and not many people will know the difference.

Hope this helps,

Richard