Exhaust tips...big finish!

Ta-da, got what I wanted. Autozone has the perfect reducer for the JC
Whitney tips, number is 17509. Fits inside the tip, large OD fits
perfectly inside the large part of the tip and smaller portion protrudes
through the end and fits perfectly over the existing pipe. Reason for
using it is for support and centering, you have about an inch and a half
supporting the inside of the tip and about the same amount extending
over the tail pipe. It looks great! I am really pleased, I hated those
pathetic little stock pipes. It is now bold and beautiful at the rear
bumper, accenting the overall appeal of the car. (It's the little
things, isn't it!). One "adjustment" no two anything seem to be the
same, the pipes on the car do not extend the same amount (yours probably
don't either), for the sake of uniformity I ground about a 1/4" notch on
the inboard side of the right tip where it reached the curve in the
pipe, so that the two tips extend the same amount. You don't have to
of course but why not?

As mentioned I used Whitney's SS clamps because I was going to crank
down on the end where the cuts were made and didn't know how much
resistance to expect. I positioned the clamps so that the nuts are up
out of view. Now it's very true that a couple dabs of weld would take
the place of the clamps but I don't weld and wherever possible, no one
else touches my D.

Les