Re: [DML] Subj: Re: Kayo Ong (ANY NYC DMC owners), Please contact me

Re: [DML] Subj: Re: Kayo Ong (ANY NYC DMC owners), Please contact me

At the risk of writing a "me too" mail, let me represent the UK owners by
expressing our sincerest symathies towards the US people, and in particular
the NYC and DC citizens.

Since events started to unfold early Tuesday afternoon our time, it's fair to
say much of England ground to a halt as everyone focused their attention on
the TV. There were crowds outside TV shops near where I work - I haven't seen
that since Princess Di's funeral. I work in the technology sector, and
although the internet went crazy, our normally busy helpdesk was silent all
afternoon. And we support companies and hardware in New York. At least two of
our customers had offices in the WTC.

Speaking personally, although I had a pretty "detatched" attitude towards
events to begin with, Kayo's e-mail really brought it home. I'm extremely
relieved to learn you're okay Kayo. As a long time DMLer myself, it's
sometimes easy to feel you "know" others on the list who regularly contribute.

Once again, we're all thinking of you

Martin
VIN #1458
DOC UK