Re: Fuse question

It could be that the wire running to the third brake lite is pinched
and is blowing the fuse (which may be why it was disconnected).
Disconnect it and see if the fuse holds. I reccomend that where you
tap off for the third lite that you stick a separate fuse just for the
third lite itself. Now if the wire gets grounded you still have your
origional lites going. As for the third brake lite you should install
an L.E.D. type. They have a very low current draw and are very bright
and noticeable. NEVER overfuse. Mount the lite as high on the rear
louvre as you can and use double stick tape. Carefully route the wire
as it has to pass many sharp edges. Leave enough slack so the louvre
opens without streching the wire and you can remove and install the
plastic valence strip. Make sure you get a good ground connection.
This is one of the cheapest and best things you can do to make the car
more noticeable to other drivers. Another simple and inexpensive tip
is to add tiny convex mirrors (with double stick tape again) to the
side rear view mirrors. These will help increase your visibility to
the rear.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

-