[DML]Door latch adjustment

Hey List,

I've been having a problem with the linkage adjustment on my passenger
door. One of the problems was that when opening the door, the rear latch
would unlatch first. I think I did get that fixed the other day, but for
some reason when opening with the outside handle, it doesn't open the door
until the handle is at the highest part of its travel, unlike my drivers door
which opens once I lift up on the handle. When I was trying to adjust the
linkage for the external cable, I ran into a problem with the front latch and
it being pre-loaded and when trying to lock the door then unlocking the door,
the pre-load on the front latch would make it stuck in the lock position.
The only way I could fix that problem was to disconnect the front latch
release link from the bellcrank assembly and to readjust the external cable.
I think what I am going to have to do in order to fix this correctly is to
take all the rods off of the bellcrank assembly for the door locks, and then
try to adjust the door opening linkage and then re-adjust the door lock
linkage. Anyone else have any ideas what I could do before I do this? Any
help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Later,
Nick Pitello
1852
<A HREF="Http://members.aol.com/njp548";>Http://members.aol.com/njp548</A>