Re: [DML] things that go bump in the night

Re: [DML] things that go bump in the night

In a message dated 8/19/01 10:06:02 AM Central Daylight Time, mcutting@xxxx
writes:

> hi folks..
>
> within the past week or so, i have heard a weird noise in the back end of my
> car.. it seems to be coming from the righ rear of the car. sometimes when
> i take a left corner, there is a faint "thunk". any thoughts as to what to
> look for? i was thinking that it may be a bushing starting to go but when i
> looked, everything looked okay. i don't think it's a c-v joint.. they all
> seem tight.
>
> :)
> <=-mike-=>

Hey Mike,

i have this same problem. things to inspect include proper lubrication of
the inner and outer drive shaft (it could be sticking and slipping back and
forth), check proper torque on your trailing arm bolts, and check proper
torque on the body-to-chassis bolts (DMCJoe says this is the most common
source of the sound). i still have this problem because i have yet to find
time to check all those bolts!!

Andy.

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596