Re: [DML] AVS Intermediate tires still available for our cars

Re: [DML] AVS Intermediate tires still available for our cars

Well, nobody said that they were not available any more, only that it appears that they *soon* will be unavailable.

As I said in the original message:
(a) Tirerack.com no longer lists the fronts and they (and several other Internet sources that I checked with) said they were listed as "discontinued" and they would no longer order them.
(b) Yokohama customer service confirmed that they were discontinued, and gave me a number of local dealers who might still be able to get them.
(c) Of these dealers, only Sears said they could get them (and did). All of the other local chains had them listed as "discontinued" and would not even try.

None of this in inconsistent with what your Yokohama contact said. I assume they are selling against current stock, which explains how my local Sears was able to get them. But if what Tirerack and Yoko told me is true, when they are gone they are gone.

The purpose of my original post was to alert people that if they want new Yokos, they might want to think about ordering them soon.

--Pete Lucas
VIN #06703

P.S. -- Now that I have my new Yokos mounted, I can confirm what everybody has been saying: my D handles like a different car. They're great (although I am sure there are other tires that would be great, too).