Re: I might be in trouble....

I dont know what a failing water pump sounds like (could actually be
several different sounds), but I am personally 90% sure your problem
is with the pump. The reason for the drop in volts and the squealing
was the pump probably seazing up, thus causing strain on the
alternator belt, dropping the volts. When the pump freed up again,
the alternator was able to turn again. I would definately replace the
water pump, or at least remove the intake manifold and inspect the
condition of the rubber hoses on the y-pipe and the heater line. I
replaced my original water pump this spring. Nothing was wrong with
the old one, I just didn't want to take the chance of somthing like
this happening while I'm out on my usual drives. I'm sorry that this
had to happen.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960