Re: Right rear body panel removal

Steve,

>From what you've described, I think you have the right bolts. When I
removed my rear fascia (and the fiberglass behind it) I noticed that my car
had an extra screw holding the fiberglass together on each side. This screw
can be seen if you remove the rear tail light and look in to the right.
Mine was a plain Phillips head, and it looks like it was added as an
afterthought, although I'm certain it was during assembly as opposed to
being done by the previous owner. I'm not sure if all cars are like this,
or why it was done. Perhaps it was to reduce rattles, or assist somehow in
the assembly process. At any rate, see if you have these extra screws, and
if so, removing them should allow you to pull back the rear fascia assembly.

Hope this helps,
Eric
VIN 17065

<snip>
> I am in the process of removing my right rear body panel and have run up
> against a challenge.
<snip>