Re: [DML] Mercedes C111

In a message dated 07/24/2001 2:42:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
delorean502@xxxx writes:

<< Subj: [DML] Mercedes C111
Date: 07/24/2001 2:42:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From: delorean502@xxxx
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For those of you who love to see other Gullwinged cars, check out the
Mercedes C111 Concept car. It looks very much like a delorean.
There are a couple good homepages for them out on the net, so check
them out. I uploaded a couple of pics to the Vault.

Erik

The July issue of Classic and Thoroughbred cars has an extensive article
on the car.
When I was in Switzerland & Germany I made an appointment with the
Mercedes History Museum to see the four or five that they have. They let me
see one. The rest were unavailable.
I explained to the engineer that I have a DeLorean. My PR rep., said the
engineers at MB during the DMC saga say that JZD & Co. copied the C111
concept.
He then went on to point out some of the styling & engineering, general
timeframe, marketing similarities, etc., etc. There are several obvious
similarites in my opinion.
However when I asked him why he knew so much about the DeLorean
automobile, the informal tour was immediately over!

Sincerely,
Michael