Re: front brake calipers

The bleeder screws seize up because they aren't often used as in
bleeding the brakes, and the rubber boot that keeps water out is
missing or torn. If you are concerned about breaking off the bleeder
screw or stripping the threads then remove them, clean and apply
never-seize or a little grease, and bleed the brakes. When done
replace if needed the rubber boots because when water gets in and the
brake calipers get hot they will get stuck eventually. If the threads
in the calipers do get stripped a good machine shop can repair them
and for a lot less than replacing them. I know White Post can
reesleeve them so I guess they can also repair a stripped bleeder
screw hole.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757