FAN RELAYS AND WIRING (Was: Subject: Re: fans run continuously, strange

FAN RELAYS AND WIRING (Was: Subject: Re: fans run continuously, strange wiring)

Hi,
I can verify that exactly the same have happened to my DeLorean VIN# 06759.
When I got the car the plastic shroud covering the spade connection had already partially melted.
I do believe this has been caused by the underrated relays. One of the first thing I did to my DeLorean was to get the RELAY UPDATE KIT from DMC HOUSTON.

I think this is the * MOST IMPORTANT* thing you can ever do to your DeLorean. If your relays haven't been updated/replaced I will go so far as to say that you're playing with the lives of yourself and your passengers. The stock relays which are underpowered can cause FIRE! So this area is not an area of which you can skip or delay your relay upgrade. If you haven't upgraded your relays do it ASAP. I don't want to read about the great fire...

After I upgraded mine, replaced the spade connection (and got the FanZilla from PJ GRADY I might add), I'm driving with confidence.

On a related subject - I've read about the posting of "which wire goes where" in regards to the two fan relays.
PLEASE - Can someone with a digital camera take a photo of the colored wires that go into the two fan relays. Put it in the tech section! It's important to know this because new owners (incl. myself at the time!) tend to "leave things as they are", event though the previous owner(s) of the car may have messed things up and for instance played around with the wires in the relay comparment.

I don't think a single car from the DeLorean factory came with the wrong wiring setup to the fan relays. This is the work of previous owner(s) - and also maybe the reason why they sold their DeLorean to you! The DeLorean has a bad rumour concerning the electrical system. But its a good system - I think the troubles some are experiencing are due to previous owners.

So again - PLEASE someone take a photo or illustration of the fan relays and the wires, and their respective AUX and BAT position. That way anyone cancheck to see if their DeLorean is wired in the one and only way - THE CORRECT ONE!

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759