Re: front brake calipers

Taking that there is nothing wrong with the calipers and only the
bleeder screws (the boxed end where the wrench goes on) is stripped
then yes...you can just replace the bleeder screws. If the pistons
inside the calipers are binding then you need to replace/rebuild
them. I am assuming right now that you only have air in your system
and everything is in good condition and this is why the mechanic was
trying to remove the bleeders. Bleeder screws are very common thing
to find and you can get them from any of the Delorean vendors or good
auto parts store! They are only a few dollars and are very easy to
install. Bleeding the brakes isn't that difficult either and can be
done easily with an assistant, a length of rubber tubing and a small
jar....or you can get one of those one man brake bleeder kits. :)

Steve