Re: (wasHeat test) Cooling Fans

Although I agree with Dave Swingle this exercise was not without
merit. In an extreme case if the cooling fans were to fail at least
the list now has the knowledge that you could sustain cooling if you
can keep the foward motion of the car above 35-40 mph. This could be
usefull in an emergency and could be a good "get home" tip. To carry
this to a further logical conclusion maybe Fanzilla could be speed
controlled so that above a certain speed it could cycle 1 and then 2
fans off. Admittidly this would involve complicating the electrical
circuit but with the level of quality that the Zilla products have I
would be very confident in it. On automatics it would be easy, it just
has to know when you are in 3rd gear! And if there was a Transzilla it
could be a plug in affair.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "David Swingle" <dswingle@xxxx> wrote:
> I have to respectfully disagree here.
>
> This seems to me to be a particularly ill-advised modification.
> Anything that would require the operator to remember to turn the
fans
> back on after a highway run is just asking for expensive trouble.
The