Re: Trapped in a DeLorean?

If you have the original Lock module still installed in the car
either replace it with a LockZilla unit (Available through PJ GRady
or Delorean Services, DMC Joe) or I believe to just disconnect the
power going to the original lock unit. The module is the black box
that is located near the fuse block. The problem with the original
one was the small underated relays that are in them...they
would "fuse" themselves closed which kept the solenoids in the lock
position. If this was to ever happen, you are not locked in where
they need the jaws of life or anything..you can simply reach back
into the fuse compartment and pull the fuse to the module....that
will cut the power off to the solenoids and you can then unlock the
doors manually.

Steve

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Joe Thome" <joethome@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello List members,
>
> I just read on a web site something which indicates that there may
have been some incidences of people being trapped in their DeLoreans
because the doors wouldn't open. At least that was one person's
opinion. The site goes on to say that the problem can be fixed.

> I find the possibility of being trapped in my DeLorean kind of
scary because of the cabin's rather cramped quarters. Is this really
a potential problem, and if so, Is there a remedy? If so, what is it?