----- Original Message -----
From: Jan@xxxx
Hello everyone,

I need some advice for my car: I had the Cat replaced by a pipe a
couple of months ago (which is legal here) to get a little more
performance out of my car.
This DID do the trick, not much, but noticable enough. The car was
behaving beautifully when I got it back from the shop untill about
three weeks ago. When Idling you can smell some unburned gasoline
from
the exhausts (and no: I'm not kneeling down to notice) and I get VERY
frequent backfires. I even get them when taking my foot off of the
accelerator at as little as 1500rpm.
This backfiring is nice when you want to impress your 7 year old
cousin, but that's about the only "pro" I can think of: it is not
supposed to be this way...