Re: [DML] DMC Prices

Going thru various automotive magazines you will always find a good
number of premium quality DeLorean's for sale at many well recognized
classic and exotic car dealerships. While looking and visiting some
of the dealers over the years when searching for a car of my own, I
can tell you that they would never allow a poor quality D (or any
other car for that mater) on any of their lots for fear of damaging
their reputations. Keep in mind I'm speaking of high class dealers,
not mom and pop places. Which is why when you find a car located at
one of these dealers they will usually have a price tag anywhere from
$20K-30K. With many of these cars available, I have a hard time
beliveing that someone is going to wait 12 months, when they can have
a car just as good for $30K-40K less. Could it be cause of a
warranty? I doubt it. I don't believe a person who collects classic
cars keeps a waranty on his list of standards when chosing a car.
Chances are no matter what the car, if you can afford $60K for it,
you can afford the repair bills as well. Even so, DMC Houston is
$30,000 less on thier cars, an they come with what appears to be the
same warranty.

Back when D1 was selling cars for $30K, I was told that there was a
waiting list for 3 months to get the car. Once D1 had the deposit for
the car, they would then locate a D that was being sold by a private
party and purchase it for me. They would choose the best looking car,
that required the least amount of work. From there they would
replace/repair what needed it, and then deliver the car to me. Upon
delivery, the balance would be due. When I then asked about labor
rates to work on a car that I would purchase on my own for D1 to
raise to the same standard, the woman scoffed and became even more
rude than before. I don't think D1 wants to be a repair shop any
more. Perhaps that is the reason for the emphasis on trying to only
sell cars (and the reason for the high price). Although I don't see
what warrants the constantly raising price.

As a side note if anyone is interested, it looks as though DeLorean
One pretty much "cut and pasted", then switched a couple of words
around from DMC Houston's advertisement page for refurbished
DeLorean's onto their web site.

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, delorean502@xxxx wrote:
> I have contacted them, and they said they have a waiting list of
over
> 12 months.
>
> Erik
<SNIP>