Re: [DML] Cooling problems, update

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, njp548@xxxx wrote:
> sprins@xxxx writes:
>
> << should I put 12V directly on
> the individual fans and the 12V connection on the waterpump? >>
>
> Sacha,
>
> What do you mean by putting a 12V connection on the waterpump?
It works
> by turning with the belt from the crank pulley.

That was ignorance. I found out later that the pump is indeed
mechanical.

I fixed the FanFailFix wiring and the fans do come on when I short
cirquit the otterstat. So that problem is fixed.

I managed to install the DMCJoe self bleeder kit, it was easier that I
thought, even with the turbo in the way.

However, the engine still overheats. After the engine reached 220 deg.
I stopped it and felt the coolant lines to and from the waterpump,
which were cold. And since the engine was pretty hot my current
conclusion is that the pump is not functioning, and since the pump
turns properly with the belt and doesn't make any suspicious noise I'm
guessing the thermostat is malfunctioning.

This is where my skills (and patience) end, so I'm driving her to the
shop next tuesday so that they may try to fix it. With my diagnose
they will probably be on their way pretty fast.

If that is fixed a FanZilla will be the next investment.

Thanks again for the help everyone, I'm learning more all the time.

Sacha