Re: [DML] Cooling problems

Thanks DMC Joe and others who responded to my question,

I may have forgotten one tiny detail about the car, it has been
garaged for 8 years so things might have gotten stuck in the meantime.
Furthermore I just found out (through a FanZilla leaflet) that the
FanFailBypass was wrongfully connected (previous owner mistake?). This
probably caused the otterstat trick to fail which I tried this
afternoon. Tomorrow I'll (again, with correct FanFail wiring) try the
otterstat trick, and if that still doesn't work I'll try shorting the
FanRelay and FanFix contacts to give my fans juice (individually),
just to hear the fans spin.

Then I'll try to install the DMC Joe self-bleeding-kit which I still
have laying around. This may be a bit tricky since the BAE turbo kit
which is installed on the engine is a bit in the way.

My guess however is that the thermostat may be stuck (from 8 years
storage) causing the free flow of coolant to be obstructed, I'm
wondering how probable this is, and how problematic this may be. Can
the thermostat/pump be repaired or would I then need a new thermostat?
I'm guessing the pump usually lasts a lifetime.

Sacha

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxx> wrote:
> Sacha,
>
> It is extremely unlikely that your water pump
> is not circulating coolant through your cooling
> system unless the drive belt is detached.

[moderator snip]