DMC Prices

If you want my opinion, there are some in our community who feel this
list and the internet are the reason for the low selling prices of our
cars......Well I agree and disagree.......Here's why. Do you know what
I hear most often at car shows about DMC prices? The MOST frequent
statement in regard to prices is..... "Yeah, well they sell on ebay for
$9,000"...... ebay, folks is the real menace, not this list.

I have met thousands and thousands of people at cars shows over the
years and NOBODY has once ever mentioned our news group as the place
they looked that contributed to their opinion for why they feel the
price is in the lower range. Ebay, however, comes up all the time.
Ebay transactions have create this impression that our cars ar
$7000-$9000 vehicles. I try to tell people the while ebay may be a
place to get a car for a low price you can never really be sure of it's
condition unless you have it checked out. Don't get me wrong, I like
ebay for many reasons, I buy and sell stuff all the time BUT when the
issue of car prices comes up it really ticks me off that the value of
our cars is being viewed as the going rate on ebay. Most cars that show
up on ebay with a price higher than $15,000 usually don't get any bids.
Never mind those that show up at $35,000!!!! I feel that most cars that
sell in the lower range are going to end up parts cars anyway as it's
worth more parted out. That can't be good.

I think that this list, Delorean World/DOA and our numerous vendors all
contribute to a positive image of our cars. I think we all should look
at ebay for the negative view of car prices and make an effort to either
not use this forum to sell your car or make sure you don't undervalue
your car if you post it there. Yes, the internet has taken it's toll
on our cars "perceived" value but in my experience with the public they
either mention ebay or what they think they know from old news stories,
the History channel show, a friend of a friend who used to know someone
who had a car etc......This list has NEVER been tossed in as a argument
for the value,reliability or worthiness of our cars.

Tom Watkins
005732
www.geocities.com/outatime81