Re: [DML] Delorean galvanized frames

Galvanizing is a "hot dip" process. If you inserted plastic plugs
they would just burn off during the process. If you use metal plugs
than they would be permanently installed in the threaded hole after
the process. Only way to galvanize the frame is to just dip it and re-
tap the holes.

Steve

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxx> wrote:
> Someone asked Mike Loasby this at Eurofest. The reason is that with
all the
> tapped holes in the chassis, it's much easier to plug them with
plastic
> plugs, and coat the frame in epoxy (which won't stick to certain
plastics),