RE: [DML] suspension update

The springs are not the same.

Grady sells a new set of front springs. I believe he has 2 different
sizes depending on how low you want the front to be. For the rear, he
as a special shock with a adjustable collar so you can lower the rear if
you choose using the standard (stock) spring. I own neither product,
but PJ Grady has a reputation for high quality products.

Houston sells a set of 4 springs, when they came out I was told they
were reproductions of the original Lotus designed springs. In addition,
they were manufactured by the same vendor. Recently in Belfast, Michael
Loasby (DMC Director of Product Development) made it very clear that the
ride height of the "shipped car" was never changed. The height of the
stock delorean was always the intended design based on the DOT headlight
requirement. All engineering was done based on this height.

With that said, I own a set of the Houston springs. When I purchased my
car, it had cut springs. Because I needed to purchase a full set of
springs and like the idea of having the "original design", I decided to
go with the Houston product instead of getting 20 year old springs for
the rear, and newer "lowering" springs for the front. Although I am
happy with the overall look and performance, they are very expensive.
On closer inspection to my car, I was also unhappy with the variation of
height between the left and right side of the car (although I have not
yet verified that is this the fault of the springs). Needless to say,
I felt a bit ripped off when Mike Loasby shattered the myth about the
"correct" ride height.

Chris of the DOC was selling a spring kit in Belfast for 60 Sterling
Pounds (I think), That's about $100 USD. I hear they are a high quality
product. I did see a set sold to a owner from the USA, so maybe he will
comment on the quality of the product. The price is good though!