Re: [DML] Re: Question about on-car spin balancing tires

Re: [DML] Re: Question about on-car spin balancing tires

David,

I respectfully disagree with your statement: "if you attempt to spin balance the rear tires on the car you risk damaging the final drive". We have been spin balancing DeLorean tires on the car since 1983 and have never had any type of mechanical problems to the drive train.

You also said: "It is also better to balance the tire off the car because if you ever remove the tire you MUST put it back on EXACTLY in the same position ......." This should not be an issue when considering the benefits of an "on the car" spin balance.

BTW: Here is a simple solution for correct tire replacement orientation. When removing the tire mark the position of the air valve by replacing only the lug nut that is adjacent to the air valve. This will enable you to replace the tire in the orientation it was balanced in.

DMC Joe

"We're here to help you"

DMC Help / De Lorean Services / <dmchelp@xxxx>
Web Site: DeLorean Services.com