Life with a head turner

I live at a unique intersection. Not only do the most interesting cars
in Cleveland pass by my house, but plenty of foot and bicycle traffic as
well (including Rad Dad's cross country bike route). Other Clevelanders
rarely see a Lotus, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Rolls-Royce, or DeLorean.

Saturday while I was trimming my front hedge a Lamborghini Countach
pulled up to the light. While the heads of pedestrians, cyclists, and
drivers of other cars turned to watch the Countach, mine turned to watch
them.

Teenaged boys pointed. A couple with a baby stroller stopped and
stared. A man in a Saab spoke to his wife through the side of his mouth
so as not to lose sight of the Lambo. The awe was palpable.

In short, it was a lot like what happens whenever I drive my DeLorean.

Except that people always smile and wave at my DeLorean. For the
Lamborghini, no one smiled and no one waved. They just stood there.

Perhaps this story shows yet another DeLorean uniqueness. The DeLorean
is the most friendly of all exotic cars. It turns heads and makes
people happy at the same time.

- Mike Substelny