Re: [DML] Three questions and a fun project

Re: [DML] Three questions and a fun project

Hank,

Looks to me that those torsion bar female recepticles are WAY OUT of any
acceptable tolerance. I would say you are really close to wearing that door
for a hat! Yes, get it fixed. Pronto. Unless it's on the wife's side of the
car...then don't worry about it! (kidding) Be VERY CAREFUL replacing them as
the stored energy within the torsion bar is incredible and can easily injure
you or even worse, seriously damage your car! There is a published detailed
proceedure for this at a couple of the DMC sites. This is one is pretty
good: http://labwww.csv.cmich.edu/luke/auto/delorean/repair/default.html I
have done this twice using this guideline and I am still alive! This site
can also answer your other questions regarding the tires and other specs. As
for that connector, it looks like that little nasty bugger that plugs into
the warning chime located just above the steering column near the fire-wall.
I guess the former owner just got sick of listening to it!

Good Luck
Sal