Re: torsion bars & stolen cars- Now Torsion bar I.D.

Re: torsion bars & stolen cars- Now Torsion bar I.D.

After a phone call to Darryl he made me realize that the unsplined
ends of the torsion bars ARE different. The bar for the driver's door
has a hex on the end and the bar for the passenger door has a square
end. Not only is it now easy to identify but in the wisdom of the
origional engineering of the car it would be impossible to mix them
up. Since I had never had removed both at the same time and had them
side by side I never noticed the obvious difference.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

-- In dmcnews@xxxx, Darryl Tinnerstet <darryl@xxxx> wrote:
> > What is even more important is that there is a "left" and
> > "right" hand to torsion bars. If you were to put it on the wrong
side