Re: Fuel Pump Check Valve.

There was a change in fuel pump design JUST for this reason. All 1981
cars came with a fuel pump with at built in check valve. To my
knoledge this is not serviceable. However, as of the '82 models and
later, a newer fuel pump was used which had an external check valve.
Many of the 81s now have the newer style put in them, but ones still
with an original pump most likely will not. If your pump is the newer
style, (which can be determined by a "dome" nut on top of the banjo
fitting for the fuel line, as apposed to a flat one) you should be
able to get a new from from a DeLorean or bosch supplier. (Dont know
for sure though, since they come with the fuel pump, and I haven't
seen them listed separately. I can't imagine they wouldn't be
availible though.) If you have the old style pump, you probably
should just get a new from from a DeLorean supplier, and check the
condition of the inside of your tank while your at it. Good Luck.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960