Re: [DML] Renting out a DeLorean - Prices?

Re: [DML] Renting out a DeLorean - Prices?

I have a tall tale for you. The dealer I bought my DeLorean from last year
told me a photographer wanted to rent the car for one day to do a photo
shoot for a BTTF party in Miami. Since he wasn't in the car rental business
and didn't want to have to set up getting the right kind of insurance to
rent a car, he refused. The photographer finally offered $1000. The dealer
gave in at this price under the agreement that the car was not to be driven
anywhere. It had to be towed on a flat bed everywhere it went.

I suppose this story is true since I don't see why a dealer would make this
up. It may have been profitable for the dealer, but considering that a
front tow hook on my frame is pulled loose on one side and both of my front
lower control arms are damaged by some idiot tow truck operator.... I can't
say if this incident is what caused the damage. Maybe it is from a previous
incident.

Being into photography myself and seeing what other photographers do to
mutilate things to make the perfect picture, I would never leave my car in
someone else's care. For example, did you know that hair spray can be very
useful for dulling shinny chrome? Do you know what it can do to paint?
Have you ever seen a photographer paint a car with it to tone down the
glare? Don't let something stupid like this happen to your car.

Walt Tampa, FL