Re: Gas problems

A properly sealed DeLorean gas tank will NOT spill gas out of the
bottom. I bet your fuel pump support boot and/or cover boot are
dried out. When this happens, the fuel tank looses it's seal around
the fuel pump, and gas spills out. All vendors have these parts. It
may also be possible that when the fuel pump got drowned in gas, it
caused it to temporarily quit working. When the gas dried out later
in the day, it worked fine. That is where you should start looking,
other possible spots would be the fuel tank sender's seal, or the
rubber filler hose's seal. Good luck.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC6960