[DML] It Lives....

Hey List,

I know I haven't had a change to send an update to the list, but I have
been pretty busy. Since the last update I adjusted the tranny linkage,
installed the inner drive shafts, installed the rest of the cooling lines,
connected all the fuel lines, install the muffler, and adjust the timing
(might still need another minor adjustment). The way that I adjusted the
timing is that I used a push button type switch that went directly from the
positive jump start lead on the passenger side firewall of the engine
compartment and the starter, and I removed the spark plug from the #1
cylinder and I stuck my thumb in there so I could feel the compression of the
piston as it moved up the cylinder, then as soon as I got the notches on the
crankshaft pulley and the fixed timing plate that shows the degree #'s lined
up, I pulled out the distributor and i lined up the rotor with the line for
cylinder #1. I thought that I had it close enough to the markings, but I
guess I didn't. Today I was finally able to start the car and rev it up. I
did notice that when trying to rev it up hard it would start to back fire
into the intake, so I am assuming that I need to turn the distributor a
little bit. Unfortunately in order to do that, I have to remove 2 fuel lines
that go to 2 injectors, remove the idle speed motor. I already turned it as
much as I could in the counter clockwise direction and it still needs more.
I have done that like 3 times already so I am pretty much used to doing the
timing adjustment. I am just so happy that its finally started up...and
revs! It never did that as long as have owned it (3 LONG years). Well, I
guess thats all for now. I think it might be drivable in the next couple of
weeks, I still need to install the brake master cylinder, all 4 calipers,
bleed brake system, bleed clutch system, connect steering connection. As
always, if anyone has any questions feel free to e-mail me. Thanks!

Later,
Nick
1852
<A HREF="Http://members.aol.com/njp548";>Http://members.aol.com/njp548</A>