Re: 5-speed vs. Automatic

The preference of an automatic to a manual is mostly driver
preference. If you are going to be in a lot of traffic and use the car
regularly an auto is a better choice. (especially if it's stop and go
on hills!) If it's a toy car for weekends and shows and for pure
driving enjoyment most would prefer a manual. Automatics are more
expensive to repair but can last longer than a clutch which is less
expensive to replace but now we get into driving skills(a clutch could
last 100,000 miles). If you want to beat up on the car a manual is
stronger and will take more abuse and be cheaper to maintain. An
automatic makes driving more convenient. A Delorean's selling price
does not seem to vary much as to either auto or manual as long as you
compare equal condition.(It might limit your market with a manual
though, some people do not know how to drive a manual, my wife
included).Each has some mechanical quirks but they tend to cancel out.
The manual gets better gas mileage than the auto.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757