Re: More work done on frame

The repairs Nick made to his vacum line are adequate. All vacum lines
are made of rubber in a car. The only reason why the line on the D is
made of steel is because of the length it runs. It would take a long
time to rot out that small section of rubber hose he used to mend the
pipe. Since the pipe does not carry any fluid nor there is any chance
of any fluid to get on it (from where it is located), I doubt it will
rot any time soon. The original rubber lines at the ends of that
vacum line are still in great condition (and they are rubber on the
pipe) after 20 years. Yes I agree that if it would need to be
replaced it would be a hassle BUT I think that hose will last past
another 20 years of the life of the D. Rubber vacum lines that do rot
are generally always the ones that are in the engine compartment of
the car due to oil getting on them and softening/rotting them and
also from the heat cracking them.

My 2 cents worth

Steve

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, jtrealty@xxxx wrote:
> While the repair you said you did to the vacuum line would be
> adequate under normal circumstances I recomend you replace the
entire
> line. Someday in the future you may develop a vacuum leak when the
> rubber line ages and not only will you or the next owner not be
able
> to find it, you can't repair it without again removing the body! >
David Teitelbaum