Auto Trans Probs #2

For all that have sent me info directly or via the list, I offer my
sincere thanks. If any of you wind up in the DFW area( or already
reside here ) I'll buy you your choice of beverages.

For a quick update, I haven't yet replaced the GC -- I am going to
try to rebuild it per info off of the DMCNEWS tech page. Even if
this doesn't fix the immediate problem it still seems worth doing as
opposed to spending a $400 dollars everytime the unit fails.
Hopefully, like Mark Hershey (who wrote the article), I'll be able to
run several years without problems once it is rebuilt using some
better components.

Once I get the Trans fixed I will be going thru and doing some other
mods. One thing I would like to do is replace the radio with a
current AM/FM/CD player, but I don't want to cut the center piece to
do it. So if anyone has a plate already cut, or if you know where I
can get another one I would appreciate it. ( Stereo in the car is
neither the ASI or Craig unit it was apparently replaced at sometime
in the past with a Jensen AM/FM/Cassette with clock.)

Matthew L. Walker
VIN #1219