Re: [DML] My opinion on how the D handles and East TN meeting

Re: [DML] My opinion on how the D handles and East TN meeting

I have had personal experience with Steve Wynne's black test DeLorean which
has been outfitted with all the modifications that James Espey is speaking
of. I have also drivin "other cars in its class" and trust me on this, the
DeLorean holds its own with the upgrades. Taking into consideration that the
DeLorean is a 3,000 lb stainless steel tank, the handling is quite impressive.

However.....in my personal opinion....the DeLorean could handle like a 1975
American Motors Pacer and I would still drive it with passion. Its a
DeLorean. I know two people with Audi TTs, and not one of them can share
similiar experiences with me that I have had owning my DeLorean. How many
times do you see mobs of people gather around a TT at a car show? Or have a
family run up to you in a parking lot and ask questions for 20 mins. Or drive
thru Florida or California and see billboards boasting the most intense theme
park ride featuring an Audi TT as the main attraction?? Im not saying that
the TT isnt worth praise, it certainly is. But its not a DeLorean. Just as
the DeLorean is not an Audi TT.

The only mistake that I really see in James' posting is when he compared the
DeLorean to "other cars in its class." When it comes down to it the DeLorean
is easily in a class of its own. :)

Either way, I have seen many improvements being made on the DeLorean sports
car thru better engineering from many of the DMC vendors, including DMC
Houston with their new engine and suspension, as well as PJ Grady and their
impressive line of Zilla components. .....so why are some of us trying to
discourage them?

Just my two cents

Justin
5172