Re: [DML] Re: loose climate control plate and bad knob

Re: [DML] Re: loose climate control plate and bad knob

<<There should be a small phillips sunk-head screw under the mode
control knob. This holds the acrylic panel in place. You'll probably
see a hole in the panel there. Keep the screw short or it will run
into the mode switch and do Bad Things.

Dave Swingle>>

thanks for the info. i went over to my garage today to check it out. i
pulled the plate off, and yes - there is a hole where something is supposed
to be. however, the hole is not threaded. is this right? also, there
doesn't seem to be a hole in the radio bracket for a screw to go into, for
the secure mount. there are four holes in the center of the bracket, around
the post for the selector knob. two of them seem to be like clips to hold
the other side of the knob inside, while the other two have screws in them.
one of the screws (the one on the right side) is phillips and is colored
brown-ish. the other screw, on the left, is flat head and is stainless
steel. is this right? it seems like a previous owner has been messing with
things back there.

also, i noticed that my decal for the lables on the climate control plate is
not centered very well. it's about a 1/4 cm lower than it should be on the
actual plate. the decal hangs off a little bit on the bottom, and doesn't
reach the top all the way. it also interferes with the push-knobs, slightly.
are all of them like this? or is mine just bad?

thanks for the help so far!
Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596