Submerged DeLorean

 In #359 Steve Rubano wrote:

> Opening the doors under water? that's a good question, it may be a
> little easier than a conventional car door since you are assisted by

The torsion bars and struts are puny compared to the outside water pressure
on a submerged car. In a "normal" car the ONLY way to get out is to roll down
a window and let the water in to equalize the pressure. After releasing the
seat belt! Float up on the water, or at least hold the head up in the
remaining air pocket while the water floods in.
If the doors still can't be opened, swim out the window.

This would be tough in a D, so the only remaining way would be to kick out a
side window and that sounds like a tough proposition while being under water
and holding your breath! (I understand that the side windows are not
laminated so I wouldn't kick them out or break them with a hammer until the
water pressure is equalized. Then again, bloody legs are better than
drowning!)
Like in any other emergency: Stay cool, think, don't panic and it will be
amazing what you can do!
Roger