RE: Custom Door Handles

The recently posted message reminded me of something...

A couple years ago I was interested in recuing a car (can't recall the VIN but I have it somewhere) from a couple named Fred and Jean Board in Florida. I spoke to Fred many times on the phone as I evaluated the car and he mentioned it had some kind of special factory door handles, in addition to the factory "un-PC" speedometer.
What's the story on those? Myth?

I also recall perhaps two months ago someone on this list mentioned Fred's car is still for sale...anyone purchase it?