Re: [DML] Harbor Freight

[ MODERATOR'S NOTE: I did think the post yesterday about Harbor Freight pretty much said it all but it was all CON and I think the company deserves Bob's PRO side to be heard.This is "for sure" the end of the Harbor Freight thread ]

I have purchased many tools from harbor freight over the past 15 years and have generally been pleased with their service.

Most of their stuff is made in china and consequently the cost is very inexpensive. I have found that if you maintain the tools they last for many years.

I weigth the cost verses the trouble and still find them to be the best deal around.

Another compediter, Northern, is more expensive. But appeared to have the same level of service.

Of course, you can now go to Walmart and get the air tools for about the same price. J. C. whitney is similarly priced.

It is possible that in recent years, Harbor Freight has decreased their staff in response to other compediters. and as a resulted service has suffered. They were the first ones in the
market with imported tools and early on had tremedous growth.

Sometimes when the pie is sliced too small no one gets a sufficient piece of the business to make a good company. I will still buy from them in the future.

Bob