Re: Swapping Center-console

I'm guessing there is no way to get out the bracket without full
removal. I removed mine and it just doesn't seem like you could
squeeze it out. It's way in there.

It's actually not very difficult to remove. I did it just a month
after I had my D because I needed to replace a few parts and i just
wanted to clean it all out really nicely. It didn't take very long at
all. Although, about 4 of the bolts were missing but don't seem to be
necessary. Procedure (as best I remember):

1. remove the little dish in the back (2 screws)
2. remove the screws back there.
3. unscrew the shift plate, remove the shift knob, pull up the
leather on the shaft and remove the plate. be careful not the hurt
the a/c display plate. (2 screws)
4. remove the a/c control nobs and plate (1 screw).
5. remove more screws for the center console, easy to see.
6. remove one screw from just to the right and left of the radio
kinda back under the kneepad
7. pull it off from the back first and remove.

should come off in just 10-15 minutes. surprisingly easy.

Then you have full access to the stereo which will make it much
easier to connect wires and get it in there.

Shiraz